Cultivating Peace in Uncertain Times
a mindfulness meditation retreat in the tradition of Thich Nhat Hanh with dharma teacher Joanne Friday
Registration now open
"When we have peace then we have a chance to save the planet.”
–Thich Nhat Hanh
We are delighted and very fortunate that dharma teacher Joanne Friday (www.joannefriday.com) has agreed to offer a 5 day retreat for True Peace Sangha again this year! Joanne is an experienced and inspiring lay dharma teacher in the Order of Interbeing, the lineage of our teacher Thich Nhat Hanh. Our sangha has enjoyed retreats with her for a number of years, and her deep practice and joyful presence has benefitted so many who attended. Joanne has been teaching in this tradition since 2003, when she received the Lamp Transmission from Thich Nhat Hanh, her teacher for twenty years.
This retreat will be from dinnertime on Friday, April 7 until after lunch on Tuesday, April 11. Five days to settle into ourselves, deepen our practice, water positive seeds and heal our difficulties. It will be held at the beautiful Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre (www.sugarridge.ca) on 150 acres near Midland, ON about 1.5 hours north of Toronto. Space will be limited to 35 participants.
The retreat will include sitting meditation, outdoor walking meditation, eating meditation, deep relaxation, working meditation, dharma sharing and daily dharma talks by Joanne.
Date: Friday, April 7 - Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Location: Sugar Ridge Retreat Centre, Midland, Ontario
Cost: $500 before March 3, $550 after March 3
The cost includes accommodation and food. Limited scholarships will be available for students and low income. Ride sharing will be arranged.
Please note that this cost does not include dana for Joanne Friday. Joanne shares her knowledge and experience of the teachings with us freely and generously in the spirit of compassion, and receives no compensation for her offering. She is a full-time dharma teacher and relies on donations (dana) for her income. A donation box will be available at the retreat to make an offering to Joanne. When we offer dana we give generously yet within our means, in the spirit of interbeing and reflecting on the value of the precious gift we have been offered in the transmission of these teachings.
- For full details of the retreat, including the registration form, please download the "2017 registration package.pdf" attachment below.
To register for the retreat (in 3 easy steps!):
- Print and fill out the Retreat Registration and Liability Form - download the "2017 registration package.pdf" attachment below
- Fill out the online Retreat Information Form available at the following link: http://goo.gl/forms/9jx74XiH30 (if you experience difficulty with this link please try cutting and pasting into your browser or try a different device)
- Attach your cheque for payment (payable to True Peace Sangha) to your completed Retreat Registration Form and mail to the retreat registrar (address is on the registration form at the end of the registration package). Please mail in your registration as we will not be accepting registrations at sangha.
You must complete ALL THREE of these steps to register for the retreat.
- Questions or concerns? Please email truepeaceretreat [at] gmail [dot] com